Saturday, October 22, 2005

Relationships

We all have relationships with people around us. Whether it being with our parents, siblings, uncles, aunties, cousins, friends, workmates ...etc. We have something in common; we share a 'relationship' with each other.

But the topic of relationships often is associated with a certain someone from the opposite sex. One who is not related to you. Someone whom you met, and find yourselves being really attracted to. Someone whom you constantly think of, and wish you could spend as much time with them as possible. And before you can get into a "Relationship" with them, you've gotta find out your compatibility wif em. Like age, race, religion, likes, dislikes, character, status and things you have in common with each other. On most cases I've discovered, people who are total opposites attract! In term of character and behaviours...why? You tell me, coz I’m confused.

Recently, I got to know someone, a lil younger, but thinks very maturely. I love talking to her, as she seems to see the world differently from me, yet share the same opinions. She has the cutest of smiles, and her voice is heavenly! She’s a mix too, more than me of course! She kinda opened my eyes towards things I never noticed. Made me also realize the kinda person I am, and my special qualities. Being alone with her is enough to take my mind off any kind of pressure or troubles I’m facing, in a way also gives me strength to face em. We even had a past relationship with other people that didn't work out and took a long time to get over. Although we do have lots in common, like family back ground, same faith, and some favourite past-time activities... we can't be together for certain reasons which are quite obvious. One of em is that as I'm concentrating on my career, she's trying to get one.

Every now and then, you come across someone really special. You constantly think of them, and really appreciate the little-est of time you've spent with him/her. And when this happens, living in the cruel and unfair world seems all peaceful, fair and worth-while all of a sudden. They become your most meaningful friend, your pain-killer, your joy-giver, your adviser, your lepak-partner, and if things work out..... your lover and care-giver too.

Ross & Rachel (just a pic la...for illustration of relationship)


It makes you wonder how people fall in love and what goes through their head when it happens. How do they know they're in love? What do they consider, (besides the things I mentioned above) before committing to a relationship. What are the criterias, conditions and pre-requisites before making that decision?

Being in a relationship is unique and complicated at times. It means a responsibility of a different kind. What girls look for in guys? So far, I’ve found out is they require the guy to be sentimental, appreciative, communicative, decent looking (handsome la), caring, loyal, loving and with security (Money la!) of course… What guys look for in girls? I won’t speak on behalf of all guys, but personally, I think its honesty, loyalty, love, support and being there when it matters most, being hot looking and being cute (like my friend mentioned above) is a definite bonus la… :-)

Hope you people think about relationships a bit more seriously. If are already in one, appreciate it. Accept and love your ‘significant-other’ despite their flaws and weaknesses. Because there are no perfect or custom-made-people around. You may never find better person than him/her again if you loose them. If you’re on the verge of getting into one, think things thoroughly before committing. Can you handle the challenges and obstacles while being in a relationship? Always remember, don’t force someone into it…it’s a choice that you both make. It should never be one sided. Because “It takes 2 to tango”.

I guess you guys would be wondering why John is writing these kinda stuff suddenly, besides the usual updates on whats happening in his life, right? Well, thought of doing some thinking, and just writing whatever I have in my tiny-lil-brain. Something different la…. Or maybe I have a major crush on someone…and wanna just tell it to everyone! Hahaha…no la…it’s the former…or is it latter? :-P

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hieee..
We may not know each other but we do haf something in common. I had the same experience too. I really like the guy so much, everything is so perfect when i'm wif him. But due to complications, we jus go on as friends til today. To my surprises, as day goes by, he change bit by bit.. I won't go on cos i believe u can tell wat's my ending. All i can tell u is that, everything is very beautiful in the beginning part of a realtionship or friendship. As time goes, when both know that its not going anywhere, things will change. I do believe love at first sight but it will last only 4 that moment.Find someone who's ther even when you least expect. Trust me JP...

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005 1:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm..i came across ur blog and it get me pondering for quite sum time....honestly..i think that love is like taking a risk..how would you knoe that sumone is really the one that u haf been waiting for all ur life? people change over times and its sickening to realize that u made a mistake but the feeling is too strong by then to move on..but not to venture into love is also sumthing that u will be missing at..Of course, feelings muz be mutual..wat do gerls look for in a guy? hmm...someone who shows respect, gives dignity, showers you with love and attention, have trust.instills security and dun believe in philandering...Guys who juz thinks that the world evolves around them should be put in planet mars...love is deep and difficult to understand ..dun u think? It juz felt like yesterday when my teacher caught me snogging with a guy in a classroom..haizz..puppy love is the best..oklah..maybe i should stop babbling now.adios...outz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home