Saturday, August 27, 2005

I'm Back!

Hi Everyone! It's been such a long while since I last posted anything here. Thanks for the messages guys, really appreciate the concern. I'm perfectly fine. Work has been okie, can't complain as I kinda like wat I do. The people I work with are really friendly, co-operative and understanding. Made quite a number of buddies from other departments, especially from the helpdesk and CTS teams. Real fun bunch, sporting too. The salary is pretty good, and of course the facilities made available to us, awesome...u can say it's kinda like luxury workin here, haha.

Last weekend (20/8/2005) was Shell IT's Annual dinner. I've only worked for 2 months there, but got invited as well. It was held at Hilton, Sentral. Pretty luxurious place, 5 star ma! I went alone without a date, unlike most of my work-mates who brought their partners, but soon made friends with the other "singles" there! I made quite a few friends that nite, and thanks to the dinner, I found people with similar interests and likes. I'll try to post some pics of the dinner when I get my hands on em. Most of the men wore suits and blazers. The ladies were just stunning! All were in gowns. Really a Gala dinner la. Among the highlights, my friend Lavinia won the best female dressed "Celebrity" award. The macho Scottish Gavin won the best Male dressed "Celebrity" award. Our Country Manager got us all shocked by first dancing with the cabaret girls for the introduction of the annual dinner, and then un-masking himself at the end to suprise us all! What a real sport, Mr. Steve Clearwater (He's Kiwi). Shell's very own Elvis, Ignatius Paul Massang gave a wonderful Elvis number, but I can't remember what. All the girls were practically drooling! haha. Karina Fernandez was awesome! Never knew she was so active in many things in Shell. She em-c-ed some section of the evenin, Danced, sang (Moulin Rouge) and got inducted to Shell's Sports Hall of Fame. She Rocks! If there was a fan club for her, I'll definately be in it!....The nite was fantastic la, it all ended at 12, and me and some new found buddies headed down to Modestos, Hartamas for some drinks. And some got a lil flirty after a few drinks... & I didn't mind at all! haha

This whole week has been a lil hectic for me. Work is ok, just a lot. Preparing for our huge migration to Microsoft Vista, yerp, if you guessed it right, We get to test and trouble-shoot it first! before u guys get it in the market in 2007! Altough I've taken a look at it, and played with some functions, and testing thru command lines....It's pretty huge! 3 Gig plus for installation. People; prepare urself by getting a steroid-enhanced pc's to get this baby installed! Can't say much la it's classified, and please dun get me to smuggle out Vista and all its compatible applications for u k! I know i'll be having the original microsoft release, but I'll get sacked and sued man! For those of you who don't know what Vista is, it's the next release of Operating system after Windows Xp by Microsoft. It was suppose to be called Longhorn, but dunno wht they changed it to Vista all of a sudden.

K la guys, hope u enjoyed my lil life update. Will get some pics up here soon k... Till my next post, God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home