Monday, June 27, 2005

First Day at SITI

Well, I can honestly sum up my first day at my new work place as "A Pleasant One". Met with most of my old friends while i was there last year as an Intern. Namely Bob, Ganesan, Thinagari, Dhillon, Jasbir, Christi, Radzi, Mangala, Mahes, Martin, Adrew and many more. It was really exciting to see familiar faces. Just glad they haven't forgotten me! Muahahaha...

The day started with an on boarding session with my kewl team leader, Alex Lee. He's understanding, polite, friendly and had really good leadership qualities. He's been in shell for 9 years now. I will not want to be in his bad books at all! Admire this man...

Followed by being introduced to the team members which consists of almost 20 people. Generally, they were all friendly and nice. Just that they have loads of work to do, thats why we never really had chance to socialize much. No wonder they hired me and the other new guys, they badly need people. Got to know the main tasks and processes of the Scripting team today. Was given a manual to read bout how to use its main software to create scripts. Pretty heavy on the first day, but coz i'm new, it's normal i guess. The guys tell me it's pretty easy once you've practiced and gained experience.

Oh well, it has been a tiring first day. But since i had a really long break, thats why i feel tired. Usually sleep in the afternoons, but can't anymore! Well, to earn money, we need to do what we have to do rite? Till my next post....

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:19:00 PM, Blogger ycling said...

Hey,
first days are always pleasant, it's the ones coming up later that'll kill us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home