Sunday, June 26, 2005

Lazy Sunday

Got up at 9am, slept after watching the Brazil-Germany match. Honestly, i thought both teams didn't play as well to their true quality and willingness to win. Guess there are too many soccer players who are too rich to play a bit more extra for their country, as they are handsomely rewarded by their clubs. Guess they are given specific orders not to get injured by not playing to hard and ambitiously.

The day started with my usual hot cup of white coffee. Then took mum to Giant to do some grocery shopping. While mum was ticking off provisions after she had taken them from the shelfs, i was busy looking for sausages, cheese and some freezer to fryer chicken premium cuts.

Came back, mum and sister cooked lunch. Mutton curry, Mixed vegetables (brocolli & Celery), and red bayam. As usual, it was really tasty and i had 2 helpings to myself. Totally love home cooked food!

Slept like a pig, got up at 5pm to get ready for mass. Arrived a few minutes before mass began at 6pm at the Assumption Church. As i sat in church, with my sister and her boyfriend, i realized there are so many good looking Catholic gurls. Thank God there are many available! Gosh, how i wish i had a girlfriend. Really miss having one. I guess some guys have all the luck. Just hope those guys know exactly what they have and don't take their girlfriends for granted. For those who had and lost one like me.....all we can do is cherish the good times and learn from mistakes we did.

Came back bout 7:30pm, still a bit sad from imagining not havin a gf, i sat down on the couch and switched on the tele. As dinner was ready, i took my plate, had the same food as lunch and watched what I felt was a great Movie, "The Last Samurai". Acted by Tom Cruise and the awesom Ken Watanabe! I recently watched Batman Begins, and Ken was as macho and kewl as he was in the last samurai. Couldn't get my ass off the couch. Watchin this movie, made me realize of my own background. One should never forget his or her past and where we come from, as it is what defines us. I guess I should stop feeling sorry for myself for not having enough allowance or my own car. We should be grateful for the food, shelter and other luxuries we are privilidged with. Only sacrifice and hardwork will get us what we want. As for now, I'm happy for having what I need. There is a difference, want and need. Who knows? In a few months, I can buy a comfortabel car and house. And then, maybe things will look up for my family. Being the eldest, I have responsibilities and having to set an example to not only my sister, but to my other younger couzins.

Tomorrow, I start work. Boy, time sure flies. It seems like only yesterday I was still in campus studying IT with my beloved friends. And tomorrow, it's off to work. Shell, a popular and huge International Company is certainly a suitable place to begin a career. I hope to secure a solid position and climb up the executive positions and of course, the income levels! Again, it takes a lot of sacrifice and hardwork. I forsee a lot of character building and learning will be taking place. Have to look at ot positively and hope, wherever I work, my job would help my family and me have a better quality and comfortable life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home