Saturday, June 25, 2005

EPF!!!

Gosh, I can't believe I'm about to work. I signed my contract with my Agents on friday (yesterday). I Start work on Monday with Shell Information Technology International, Cyberjaya on Monday as a Scripter, Programmer 1 position. Thus, I was told to get an EPF account. So today, it being probably the last Saturday where Government offices operates on Saturdays, I took the opppurtunity to get an account/membership number.

EPF at Jalan Gasing is pretty kewl, and comfortable. The officers are friendly and helpful. I queued up at 10am, and was attended to at 10:20am. Pretty fast! Very efficient and professionally done. Honestly, I was impressed coz i kinda assumed it would be like a typical government office where the queues would be long, the service slow & the officers always seem dull and rude.

The very fact I had to get an EPF membership number, hit me quite hard....that my days of relying on my parents are coming to an end, and I'm about to start a new chapter in my Life! The so called "Working Life!". Most of my friends are already working, and it kinda scares me as when i meet em, they always complain of long hours with no overtime pays. Bogged down with endless work and datelines to meet. I guess I'm just gonna have to start somewhere and get into the whole system of 'work and pay debts all your life' which almost everyone adopts.

I guess I'll just have to learn more about the "Rat Race" concept, and try looking for a solution to solve it. To those of you who are already out of it, or getting there, would you kindly share your secrets with me? haha, like most of us already have the answer.... So many people look for ways to have an enjoyable life, playing the lottery while praying and hoping to strike it rich and live comfortably. Well, most of us do not get so lucky. And there's also those who borrow money to start a business, which later end up in bankruptcy...all the more reason as 7 out of 10 new businesses end up being bankrupt within the first 3 years.

Oh Well, i've started to think too much and start blabbering about un-related subjects...haha. Just bored I guess. Till My Next post....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home